2015-09-15

Ruff Drivers

I recalled that, back in April this year, I read about how a Border Collie took his owner's farm tractor for a ride. The ride was short since the tractor, with the dog as the only occupant inside it, collided (at low speed, thank God) with the barriers in the middle of a highway. Here is a clipping of the traffic report:



Luckily, everyone, including Don the Border Collie, walked out of this accident alive and well. His owner, Tom Hamilton, talked to the media about his dog's unexpected demonstration of driving skills in detail on the Guardian.




Border Collie was specifically bred for intelligence, so I guess it's only natural that some might want to learn how to operate a motor vehicle. Hahaha. Apparently, driving skill/talent in the doggie world is not limited to the Border Collie, as shown by Atom the Pug:



Yes, that is a Pug on the helm of a moving speedboat.

GoPro footage available on YouTube as always.



As if those aren't amazing enough... I saw this next to my house this afternoon:



A mongrel, or mixed-breed dog, expressing interest in a mini excavator.
Tired of digging holes with its own hands, I imagine? ;)



Cute and hilarious.